Home Forums Go Move Challenge 2016 Desk Exercises

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Elly Cabral
      Keymaster

Sitting is the new smoking! Learn simple exercises to complete at your desk, challenge yourself to take a 5 minute break from working every hour, and share your journey.

Elly Cabral
      Keymaster

I sit at a desk for 8 hours a day every day! Any advice on exercises you like best at your desk?

Elly Cabral
      Keymaster

Elly, stretch your hip flexors and hamstrings if you’re sitting all day. Easy exercises to do from a desk are push ups, squats, lunges. Set your watch for every hour to remind you to get up and move around for 5 minutes!

suzy kisylia
      Keymaster
      University of San Francisco

Calf raises are easy and effective!

Elly Cabral
      Keymaster

For your arms, bring in a  2 or 3 lbs dumbbell and do 5-10 repeats of simple lifts and flexes twice a day. I do this in my car during my 40 minute commute.

suzy kisylia
      Keymaster

Squats are great. For stretching, just leaning over to stretch the hamstrings while nodding head back and forth is super relaxing.

Elly Cabral
      Keymaster

Wall sits, standing yoga poses, and even seated twists using your own resistance.

Elly Cabral
      Keymaster

We have desks that go up and down so I usually try to stand as much as I can. Otherwise my coworkers and I tend to pace around the room a lot, especially when we need to get our steps in before midnight!

suzy kisylia
        Keymaster

Pacing is such an effective way to not only get exercise but to help the mind stay sharp.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.